Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Story

So we introduced ourselves but never told our story. For a little background here it is...

Mr.Estep & I met almost five years ago. I was fifteen & he was seventeen. You can say we grew up together, in many ways. He is my best friend in the entire world & he has been from the very start. When Mr.Estep & I first started dating I had only been diagnosed with diabetes for two years. So it was still very knew to me & my family therefore my Mother pulled me out of public school & I started my high school classes online. Mr.Estep was in public school. But shortly after we started dating he decided to start taking the online classes, as well. So I guess you could say we are online-high school-sweet hearts! hahaha We became very close, very fast. We became, inseparable-And we still are to this very day! Some people may not go through much in their younger days, but Mr.Estep & I have been through alot together. & We always come out stronger in the end. Alot of people don't want to settle down young, because they say they want to be free. I don't understand this notion at all. Mr. Estep never holds me back from anything in life, nor do I him. We push each other to do our best & be our best in life, together as a team. We take on life's challenges together. Do I think its wrong to wait until you are 25, 30 even 40 to get married & settle down? No! Do I think its great if you find that one person you want to be with for the rest of your life at 15? YES! Mr. Estep & I knew at a young age that we wanted to marry each other. We was emotionally ready but not financially. So we enjoyed being young, mini vacations together. Road trips on the weekend. Random ice skating trips. No worries, no regrets. We waited patiently until we could afford our own place to get married. Then in March 2010 we finally got our own apartment & nine months later we got married! With that being said I have alot of people ask me "What is your best relationship advice?" & In return I ALWAYS say "You're fighting a losing battle. Because you are arguing with the one person you are suppose to be working with through life's challenges, together! You have to remember, you are on the same team! Don't let pride take you over. Pride doesn't make you right in the arguement, it only makes you weak as a team. If you really want to win, stop fighting a losing battle no matter who started it & figure out what is going to make it work. Because you can only win if you both make it together, not by figuring out who is wrong or right."

Mr. Estep & I at 15 & 17 --

No comments:

Post a Comment