Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Diabetes.

I have been diagnosed with diabetes for 7 years now. Woah, I can't believe its been that long already. Having diabetes changes everything. Just imagine every time you ate food you knew once you finished you would have to count the carbs, figure out how much insulin you need, then infect yourself with a syringe. Imagine everyday having to poke your finger so you can check your sugar daily to stay on top of it. Its not as easy as some may think. My fingers get sore to the point simple tasks such as holding a fork become a painful task. Bruises & knots on my arm become noticeable due to all of the injections. But I have come to terms with it. I embrace it. I am a diabetic. I am strong. I have faith. I have hope. I have my diabetes in control. Diabetes no longer controls me. So power to all you diabetics out there! Don't let diabetes control you, take control of your diabetes!

Here is about two weeks worth of my daily shots. Just for an idea of how many I really have to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment