Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It must be in the air

Its here. Well sort of. The cold season. The season where everyone you know plus their mom gets sick. Mr. Estep got a wicked cold last week. He still has a horrid cough but otherwise feeling great! I on the other hand have a runny nose, watery eyes, sore throat & horrible cough. :/ I didn't think I would get it since it took so long. But yea, I was wrong. I have it ten times worse than he did! Can you believe it? UGH! But he has been pampering & taking care of me. :) So no complaints here! I have been taking some cold/flu liquid medicine & rubbing vicks on my chest & throat. So far the vicks is a big hit! About 10 minutes after I put it on my throat stops hurting & my cough becomes less & less dry. So it really helps to break everything up in my chest & help me cough it all out. As for the liquid stuff, pff I am not taking no more/buying no more for this cold. Because it has been no help other than making me very sleepy.

So here is to all those out there with a cold. Have a tissue!

& A list of good old cold home remedies:
Drink more Orange Juice. 
Buy a humidifier.
Use a saline nasal spray.
Stay warm & rested.
Gargle with warm salt water to ease your sore throat.
Drink hot liquids such as tea. (Add 1 tsp of Honey.)
Take a steamy shower/bath.
Vicks, vicks, vicks on your chest/throat.

Always make sure to ask your doctor before using any new medication such as nasal sprays. 

Rest up & get well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment